4.20.2009

He Heard the Music. . .


Happy 30th Birthday to our fearless founder, David Zahl. Without his (and Cate's) initial vision, commitment, sacrifice and a (seemingly inexhaustible) passion for all things Beach Boys, we would be up the Mockingcreek without a Mockingpaddle. On top of that, thanks to him, we're all just a little bit cooler.

And no, he doesn't look a day over 29:)



Happy Birthday Dave.

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Aaron M. G. Zimmerman said...

amen and amen

April 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger dpotter said...

Happy birthday Dave, welcome to the machine! , er, I mean, welcome to your 30's...

April 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger william randolph brafford said...

Oh, happy 30 Dave!

April 20, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Anonymous burton said...

I have nothing good to say about "30", but Dave Zahl, he's awesome!

April 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger David Browder said...

Dave looks so soulful in the picture. Just makes me want to sit at his feet and listen to him expound.

April 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Jeff Hual said...

Happy Birthday Dave!

April 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger StampDawg said...

Yeah, Dave's da bomb. Thanks for being you, pal.

April 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
Anonymous PZ said...

And the picture, omigod, the picture. Looks like Pete Best in Liverpool, or Bono just before, or Joe Meek towards the end, or Falco before glasnost, or... omigod, the picture.
I am so proud.

April 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Anonymous PZ said...

Or Spector, in Karl-Marx-Stadt.

April 20, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger JDK said...

Cate took this picture while in Berlin. Dave is actually standing exactly on the place where the Berlin Wall used to stand and the church--which looks like the shed with the slats in the background--is called, appropriately, Die Kirche der Versöhnung--Church of the Reconciliation.

April 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger R-J Heijmen said...

love you man

April 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Trevor said...

Dave's birthday is a high holiday.

April 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Robin Anderson said...

Hooray for David's birthday, that is wonderful news!

April 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Dave. It is not polite to ask, but I am assuming you are 30?
Welcome...not that I know anything about it, but Matt is is 36, so I hear things....

April 20, 2009 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Joshua Corrigan said...

Happy 30 day dude! I'm right behind you. Just glad you beat me. I feel so young right now.

April 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Jon W said...

Happy Birthday, Dave... I agree with JD... you don't look a day over 29!

April 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger John Zahl said...

Happy birthday Hitler, I mean Dave!

April 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger John Zahl said...

By the way, Dave is THE BEST!

April 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Taylor Foran said...

We've had some pretty awesome experiences together, and only a few are fit for retelling. Hey I've turned out alright, and you're not to bad yourself. Dave, you da man.

~Taylorian

April 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Deirdre Zahl said...

Happy Birthday Dave (one hour late)!!! I heard 30 is the new 20.

April 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger DZ said...

Thanks so much everyone! I feel loved.

April 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Hawley said...

(belated... on this forum, but hey)

Indeed, Amen. Congrats to you, Dave, as you celebrate another year of life and excitement and adventures. May you always revel in the glorious miracle of life as you live it :)

Thanks for all you've done and for sharing in faith and life with us. Blessings!

April 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous PZ said...

Wasn't "I feel love" (or "loved") a song by The Bronski Beat?

April 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger John Zahl said...

donna summer. It came out in June 1977.

April 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous PZ said...

Nuh, no.
I feel sure it was by "Barabbas"

April 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger David Browder said...

What a great title for the post, too.

April 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home