4.19.2009

Bart Ehrman on The Colbert Report

Old news by now, but great nonetheless [thanks, Jake!]:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Bart Ehrman
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorNASA Name Contest

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Corrigan said...

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and can raise the dead like a duck...then its a duck!

April 19, 2009 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Aaron M. G. Zimmerman said...

The son of a duck... is a duck! (I loved this clip!)

April 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger John B said...

It's amazing how Colbert so simply refutes Ehrman's finely-tuned arguments.

April 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Todd Brewer said...

I've always been amazing at how a scholar can write books that say nothing original and yet they can receive so much publicity. For example, in regard to the crucifixion, Jurgen Moltmann noted the same differences over 30 years ago. Yet Moltmann equally contends that the early church did not misunderstand the meaning of Jesus' death.

April 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Aaron M. G. Zimmerman said...

Luther and Calvin also dealt with all these issues. "Jesus is an Elephant!"

April 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Colton said...

I would almost feel bad for the guy if he weren't a heretic... PWND!

April 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Keith Pozzuto said...

I would call this a Quack down, by Colbert. Ehrman has nothing on Colbert. great clip.

keith pozzuto

April 20, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm never sure what to make of Colbert. He is hilarious and usually irreverent, but he actually does refute Ehrman. Remarkable!

April 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home