A Christmas Carol
Preparing for tonight's Mockingbird Hour (last one of the year!) on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, I've given a lot of thought to which film adaptation is best. Lord knows there's no shortage of options. In animation we have Scrooge McDuck, Mr. Magoo, and The Flintstones, among others. Then in live-action, there's The Muppets, Captain Picard, Bill Murray, George C. Scott, Alastair Sim, and Albert Finney. If I were pressed, I'd probably say my top three are the Disney one, the Muppet one and Scrooged. So... what's your favorite/least favorite?
(BTW, who would have thought the singer for The New York Dolls would make such a great Ghost of Christmas Past?)
(BTW, who would have thought the singer for The New York Dolls would make such a great Ghost of Christmas Past?)
Labels: Christmas, DZ, Film, Literature, Mockingbird

2 Comments:
Scrooged by far---"Niagra Falls Frankie"
Let's hear it for the Disney, too.
And the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" feel of "Mr. Magoo's"...
Oder?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home