1.27.2011

Love Me Like My Dog


The Associated Press reported this week that one of seven people surveyed said they would dump their husband, wife, or significant other, before they'd lose their pet.

One of the biggest reasons cited is that they get a lot of judgment and criticism from their spouse and get unqualified love from the latter.


Scotty Emerick - "Love Me Like My Dog"

The Stories Behind The Songs | Myspace Music Videos


But is this news? Scotty Emerick, in this hilarious ballad to a girlfriend, told us as much a few years ago. Give it a listen and you'll be happy you did.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father always loved the television show "Highway to Heaven". Whenever anyone mentions the special relationships between dogs and their people, my dad recounted this story: In the show, a character called dogs man's best friend. Michael Landon's character, who is an actual angel, says quietly, "You know...it wasn't supposed to be that way..."

January 27, 2011 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Todd Brewer said...

SD - too true...

I submit the following as exhibit B. I saw it today at a museum in York:

http://www.wikigallery.org/wiki/painting_201396/Sir-Edwin-Henry-Landseer/The-Old-Shepherds-Chief-Mourner

January 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger StampDawg said...

Thanks guys. Really touching painting, btw.

On a sillier note, one of the many great lines in the Scotty Emerick song (Love My Like My Dog) is:

He don't get mad at me and throw a major fit
When I say his sister is a bitch.

January 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Wenatchee the Hatchet said...

"I take it you're single" at the end was cute. I suppose it's not necessarily possible to have written a country song around the theme "Love Me Like My Cat".

January 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger David Browder said...

He's A Good Dog:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HT9NO5Fc9s

January 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger bls said...

You were right, Stampdawg - I'm glad I listened.

Twice, in fact! ;-)

January 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home