Assurance...

"Christianity promises many things. It promises above all else peace and joy in believing. It promises freedom from judgement, hence from fear. It promises joy in the present because the future is secured. It does not, however, promise exemption from sorrow and pain."
Paul Zahl, Who Will Deliver Us?
Labels: Books, Mike Burton, Paul Zahl, Religion, Suffering

4 Comments:
Love this passage. Thanks, MB.
But who's this Paul Zahl guy?
From what I here, he's some sort of crazy dude who digs Journey and subscribes to some deal about "unconditional forgiveness" and other crazy stuff like that. He might be antinomian.
I hear he is related to Paula Zahn, but changed some of the letters in his name around so as to not align himself with such a controversial and public figure.
I knew of a guy named Zahl that ran a cathedral in Birmingham...
...but I could have sworn that guy's first name was "Dean".
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home