Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers on the Bound Will
Love this song from Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers, "Shady Esperanto and the Young Hearts." Mockingbird-relevant lyrics in bold below:
If any man among us has the notion that he's free
I entreat you to the challenge, stand on up and let's see
You get old, old
I never wanna get old
...
And you try, and you try
And you try, and you try
And you try again
But you can't try enough
Romans 7:24, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" I think you guys know what comes next... :)
You keep on fighting
Don't you know you already won?
Romans 7:25(a), "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
If any man among us has the notion that he's free
I entreat you to the challenge, stand on up and let's see
You get old, old
I never wanna get old
...
And you try, and you try
And you try, and you try
And you try again
But you can't try enough
Romans 7:24, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" I think you guys know what comes next... :)
You keep on fighting
Don't you know you already won?
Romans 7:25(a), "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Labels: Bible, Emily, Music, Psychology

1 Comments:
Thanks Emily, I'd never heard of these guys until now. Their video reminds me of this one by OK Go, also with a 'Mockingbird-friendly' message.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home