Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Home
Paul McCartney was dead-on, 'Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs / And what's wrong with that? I'd like to know...' I say this because I have been unable to stop listening to a particular love song since hearing it for the first time yesterday (thanks to NPR's 'All Songs Considered').
In fact, 'Home' became even more appealing after I read the following blurb about the band's lead singer on Wikipedia.
After breaking up with his girlfriend, moving out of his house, and joining a 12-step program for addiction, Ebert began work on a story about a messianic figure named Edward Sharpe. According to Ebert, Sharpe "was sent down to Earth to kinda heal and save mankind...but he kept getting distracted by girls and falling in love." Ebert later met singer Jade Castrinos in Los Angeles. In the summer of 2009, as Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Ebert and Castrinos toured the country with a group of fellow musicians in a big white school bus.
After breaking up with his girlfriend, moving out of his house, and joining a 12-step program for addiction, Ebert began work on a story about a messianic figure named Edward Sharpe. According to Ebert, Sharpe "was sent down to Earth to kinda heal and save mankind...but he kept getting distracted by girls and falling in love." Ebert later met singer Jade Castrinos in Los Angeles. In the summer of 2009, as Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Ebert and Castrinos toured the country with a group of fellow musicians in a big white school bus.

7 Comments:
Well, now I imagine I am stuck with "Home" as well. Thanks for the song!
"Home" as heaven and the given boy or the given given girl in the God spot.
Death is the point when all of the (other) "with you"s have their end. Hopefully we get killed sometime before we die.
I'm not gonna lie, I loved this.. Thanks for the post
I've been hooked on this song for weeks now!
wow, great song. i think i spied the bassist from Dawes in there...
i found this clip of the magnetic zeroes on Letterman from the Fall. pretty great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs
I have to admit--I HATE that song by Paul McCartney!
:-)
Mich...I looooooooooooove yoooooooou...da na, da na na.
Dave, love the Letterman performance!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home