4.20.2010
Contributors
- Ethanasius
- SZ
- Mockingbird
- Ben
- Joshua Corrigan
- Matt Johnson
- Kate Norris
- StampDawg
- JMG
- Davis
- Emily
- Charles E. Jenkins
- Kris
- John Zahl
- LGF
- Nick Lannon
- Colton
- DRP
- dpotter
- Bonnie
- JDK
- DZ
- David Browder
- camcole
- Keith Pozzuto
- Alex and Emily
- Todd Brewer
- ETHAN
- Tom
- Bryan J.
- Jeff Hual
- Mr. T
- R-J Heijmen
- Ron
- Aaron M. G. Zimmerman
- L.R.E. Larkin
- Jacob
Previous Posts
- Monday Afternoon Rock N Roll: John Mellencamp's "H...
- Displaced Persons in an Alien World
- From The Onion: Average Time Spent Being Happy Dro...
- The 2010 Mockingbird Conference: Bringing You The ...
- It seems like he tapped into Something
- Art and the Church: Friends, Enemies or Frenemies?
- Final Conference Schedule
- JUST ADDED: New Breakout Session at M.B. Conference
- Millions of Unchurched Adults Are Christians Hurt ...
- Grace In Addiction: What The Church Can Learn From...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


2 Comments:
All other prayers of necessity involve some degree of self-delusion and self-justification. Even this one too, many times, because the help sought (even in the most desperate circumstances) is often implicitly on our own terms.
The most meaningful prayer I ever prayed was simply "I need help". I was desperate and had exhausted all other means and words and didn't know what else to pray. I was driving in my car, crying, praying, at my wits end and when I stopped at a traffic light, I looked to the side of the road and some guy was standing there holding a green sign with big white letters that said "Your Help is On The Way". That kind of thing never happens to me, and I don't look for it either. But it happened that time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home