4.18.2010

The 2010 Mockingbird Conference: Bringing You The Gospel

5 Comments:

Blogger JonnyK said...

Just wanted to say that I had blast at my first Mockingbird Conference, thank you so much for stretching me theologically and for welcoming me in to this wonderful group of believers in the Gospel, you have encouraged me no end!

April 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger StampDawg said...

Hey JonnyK. So great meeting you there. You were a great encouragement to all of us.

I just noticed that you list like a gazillion favorite movies in your profile. This is a VERY good thing.

Also that you list Football as a big love. Have you seen any of of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS? Dave Zahl is crazy about it and I am gonna start watching it next week.

April 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger JonnyK said...

Thank you John it was great to meet you too. I was blessed by meeting so many great people who really care about the cross and our subsequent freedom.

Ha I just updated everything after reading that - it was rather in need of refreshing. I have only seen a few of your fave movies - I did notice quite a few English classics though! :)

As an Englishman I say Football but that should be Soccer to you, however I do love US Football too and have Friday Night Lights in my Netflix queue - JZ said its must see tv.

Let me know what you think about it and I will too. I may even check out some Elvis after David Zahls recommendation - that would make my brother very happy!

April 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Margaret E said...

Hmmm... what happened to the discussion of the gospel that was happening here yesterday? I was eagerly awaiting Aaron's answer to Frank. Oh well...

StampDawg, you're in for a treat. I haven't seen it this season (though I think NBC starts airing it soon), but 'Friday Night Lights' is one of THE most beautiful shows written. You will LOVE it. (I hope.) I just found out that the head writer on that show (Jason Katims) is also the head writer of the new 'Parenthood,' also quite good (though no FNL, in my opinion.) It's amazing how he manages to parse the souls of two such very different communities – rural Texas (FNL) and Berkeley, CA (Parenthood). You guys'll have a heyday doing your 'law vs. gospel' routine on these shows. Enjoy!

April 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Todd Brewer said...

I second (or third, or fourth) the recommendation for Friday Night Lights. It's the best show on network television.

April 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home