5.05.2009

A Glossary of Mockingbird Terms...

Here's the 1st entry...
Bonobamaism: (n.) the ideological love child of Bono and Obama. Wow, look at all of that hope, now that's what I call Bonobamism in action! Those pesky wars and famines are nothing a good shot of Bonobamism can't handle. JDK

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon W said...

Keep them coming folks... I'll add them as the list builds.

May 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Stephen Barkley said...

Any way to work Oprah into that term?

Thanks. This post made my day.

May 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Jeff Hual said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger StampDawg said...

I think the glossary idea is GREAT, Jon. Nothing Wong about that idea at all. (Cymbal crash.)

Jeff Hual and I talked about an MB glossary a few weeks ago. Here are some of the terms/phrases that are used pretty freely at MB, and to which a visitor might like a friendly guide:

Theological terms
· Law/Gospel distinction, Law, Grace, Gospel, 1st use of the law, 2nd use of the law, 3rd use of the law, antinomian, theology of the cross, theology of glory, Pelagian, Semi-Pelagian, bondage of the will, the bound will, the alleged free will, simul iustus et peccator, lex semper accusat, Crux sola est nostra theologia, Luther, Erasmus, Forde, Pauline, substitutionary atonement, moralism, moral improvement, abreaction (ok so abreaction isn't exactly a theological term...)

Hip pop culture terms from people in their 20s and 30s:
· Axel Rose, Guns and Roses, GNR, Bono, ...

Or (pop culture references of the 50s and 60s):
· Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (Katherine Jefferts Schiori?), Kerouac, Ringo, Lennon, The Supremes, I Married a Werewolf, the musical HAIR, etc.

May 5, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Sean Norris said...

Hey Jon et al,

A glossary is already in the works:). I have been putting on together with the help of others and we should have it ip this week. It covers all the terms that Stampdawg lists and some more! It's going to be a permanent feature I. The blog, and we'll add to it as we go.

I have to admit that bonobamaism was not on the original list, but I'm glad to see it!

Always,
Sean

May 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Sean Norris said...

As always, sorry for the typos. My phone's keypad ain't all it's cracked up to be...

May 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Jon W said...

Excellent, Sean! Glad you're working on that. This one can then be specifically for Jadyese.

May 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home