3.02.2009

Hear what an Asian ad sayeth:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sean Norris said...

Interesting pillow. We all just want to be hugged sometimes.

It is more than a little odd though. Couldn't they have given it a full torso or a head maybe? It doesn't need a face, but at least the shape of a head might help. I don't know. I get the concept, but I am actually a little freaked out.

It reminds me of the 80s flick "Mannequin". Anyone else remember that movie?

Thanks Josh:)

March 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Joshua Corrigan said...

Jefferson Starship: "Nothing's gonna stop us now"

I think this ad, in a simple and powerful way, demonstrates the universal desire for a rest-giver. However creepy, it shows that even rest is something that needs to be given and received.

I, for one, think that TAKING a nap sounds much less relaxing that being GIVEN a nap.

thoughts?

-Hollywood

March 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Sean Norris said...

So true, Josh...we need a rest-giver. Someone that will break into our non-stop effort and will lay us down.

There's a fantastic song by Waterdeep called "You Lay Me Down" which is perfectly in line with what you are saying here.

-Merlin

March 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger StampDawg said...

I remember Mannequin! :-)

Also makes me think of the much more recent "Lars and The Real Girl" -- apparently shown at Mockingbird not long ago!

http://mockingbirdnyc.blogspot.com/2008/10/lars-and-kingdom-of-god.html

March 2, 2009 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Colton said...

Isn't there a Live song where the singer says, "Lay me down" over and over again?

March 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger dpotter said...

re: second sentence of Sean's first post: would somebody please just give this gorilla a hug?

March 3, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home