Great article, Jady. I have no doubt we'll be debating the morality of the Cylon "race" for many years to come... I can only say that for the moment I'm glad Zarek is out of the picture. In its later seasons, BSG has made a bad habit of relegating the side-characters to cheap plot devices, i.e. they would trot Zarek out whenever the story called for a schemer or dissenter... I found it kind of annoying.
Still, that scene between Gaeta and Bathar was genuinely touching. And the next episode looks like it could provide some serious answers!
As for the video, that actually happens to be one of my favorite latter-day MJ songs, even though it was written by R.Kelly. And as unsettling as Charice's performance is, no one could top what MJ already did with the same material:
1 Comments:
Great article, Jady. I have no doubt we'll be debating the morality of the Cylon "race" for many years to come... I can only say that for the moment I'm glad Zarek is out of the picture. In its later seasons, BSG has made a bad habit of relegating the side-characters to cheap plot devices, i.e. they would trot Zarek out whenever the story called for a schemer or dissenter... I found it kind of annoying.
Still, that scene between Gaeta and Bathar was genuinely touching. And the next episode looks like it could provide some serious answers!
As for the video, that actually happens to be one of my favorite latter-day MJ songs, even though it was written by R.Kelly. And as unsettling as Charice's performance is, no one could top what MJ already did with the same material:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8rYl6K2STc
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home