1.07.2009

Penn & Teller Are Atheists But...


"It's the poooower of love!" (Huey Lewis and the News) And by that I don't mean contrived love as per the Law which says "Hey. All you do is love the non-Christian." I mean love as per the Gospel in which we see ourselves as prodigals in the midst of a famine of our own making but totally loved in Christ. That outlook can only be created by God (by the theology of the cross) and it spills out "unawares" to our fellow sufferers.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron M. G. Zimmerman said...

What a wonderful thing for Penn to say. And kudos to him for seeing how it's a sham to say one should never try to change someone's beliefs. We all, if we value our opinions and beliefs, should want to persuade. His metaphor about a truck is spot on.
Anyways, good find, Browder.

January 7, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks David, I may shamelessly steal it for AdventBirmingham.org

CWG

ps Three weeks to go on the season and I've got 5 in the freezer. How about that?

January 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger David Browder said...

Charles, I hope your family likes venison.

January 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger JDK said...

Browder. . . I thought it was you, until he said "sane". . .

just kidding. . .


wonderful post. . . )

January 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless that "guy who was kind and nice and sane and looked (Mr. Penn) in the eye"! I confess I would probably have been too scared.

Hey David!

And thanks, Anonymous Deer Slayer, for the link and the reminder that I need to keep checking Mockingbird (as if this Monroeville, AL native should forget a Mockingbird!)

Gretchen in Birmingham

January 7, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger dpotter said...

Wow Browder...slam dunk dude. Thanks for finding this and sharing it with us.

January 8, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home