1.06.2009

Just For Now



This is mostly just my favorite clip of one of my favorite artists. You have to watch it. Honestly, it will blow your mind.

That being said, the chorus also contains something of what I think church should be; what God is saying to us in the midst of our suffering:

It's that time of year, (or week - rj)
Leave all our hopelessnesses aside (if just for a little while)
Tears stop right here,
I know we've all had a bumpy ride (I’m secretly on your side)



PS Props to Daniel Roseberry for sharing this clip with me a little while back.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron M. G. Zimmerman said...

Who is that? AMAZING. You were right. Mind-blowing. She sounds like solo Peter Gabriel stuff. What an amazing range.
Here's another good line from the song: "Don't wag your finger at me."

January 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Peter Emmet said...

Imogen Heap... awesome!

January 7, 2009 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger dpotter said...

Wow...I'd only heard her 'Hide and Seek' until now. This vid has convinced me that I need to start hanging out with musicians more often.

January 8, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home