1.16.2009

The Unbearable Weight of (LCD) Self-Projection, brought to you by Newton's Third Law

From: Area Man Constantly Mentioning He Doesn't Own A Television
"I'm not an elitist," Green said. "It's just that I'd much rather sculpt or write in my journal or read Proust than sit there passively staring at some phosphorescent screen. If I need a fix of passive audio-visual stimulation, I'll go to catch a Bergman or Truffaut film down at the university," Green said. "I certainly wouldn't waste my time watching the so-called Learning Channel or, God forbid, any of the mind sewage the major networks pump out."

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger StampDawg said...

Well, that's gonna keep me cheerful for at least a month. What would we do without The Onion?

Thanks JD...

January 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger David Browder said...

This is so funny. It reminds me of not a few conversations I had at Trinity.

January 16, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger John Pulliam said...

Area man would change his mind if he saw Flight of the Conchords Conchords

January 16, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger JDK said...

No kidding John! I can't wait for the new season--starts soon:)

January 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home