9.17.2008
Contributors
- Ethanasius
- SZ
- Mockingbird
- Ben
- Joshua Corrigan
- Matt Johnson
- Kate Norris
- StampDawg
- JMG
- Davis
- Emily
- Charles E. Jenkins
- Kris
- John Zahl
- LGF
- Nick Lannon
- Colton
- DRP
- dpotter
- Bonnie
- JDK
- DZ
- David Browder
- camcole
- Keith Pozzuto
- Alex and Emily
- Todd Brewer
- ETHAN
- Tom
- Bryan J.
- Jeff Hual
- Mr. T
- R-J Heijmen
- Ron
- Aaron M. G. Zimmerman
- L.R.E. Larkin
- Jacob
Previous Posts
- Luther Probably Ate His Vegetables
- David Foster Wallace
- The Lady(?) Doth Protest Too Much
- The Law According To Netflix
- Thoughts on the Sermon on the Mount
- Digital Intimacy
- Babies Anyone?
- Mark Your Calendars!!
- Jesus Is Like A Mountie
- Cain Said To Abel - Bloc Party
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

4 Comments:
One of my all-time favorite SNL shorts. I miss Phil Hartman...
Forgot about that clip...funny.
Speaking of male interactions, I came across this blurb today from Mark Driscoll. He was asked by "Relevant" magazine (ugh!) what he felt were the biggest challenges for the church in the next 10 years...what an answer!
"There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left. Some emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes. In Revelation, Jesus is a pride fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. That is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up. I fear some are becoming more cultural than Christian, and without a big Jesus who has authority and hates sin as revealed in the Bible, we will have less and less Christians, and more and more confused, spiritually self-righteous blogger critics of Christianity." [Italics added]
Guessing that Driscoll was wearing 'Bad Idea Jeans' when he said this.
I couldn't find a place to leave a general comment to all of you who contribute to this blog, so I'm posting it here. I just wanted to tell all of you that this blog is an AMAZING collection of posts. You all are talking about real theology and you're applying it to contemporary culture rather than the common approach which is, of course, the other way around. I find this at the same time very uplifting and enlightening. Thanks so much for what you are doing, and I look forward to more of your posts!
Classic Clip...and I agree with Jeff Haul! Thanks Mockingbird squadron! -JAZ+
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home