Les Mis
[David Browder just posted the following Victor Hugo quote over at his blog, which I thought was too profound not to be reproduced here. Thanks, Dave!]
"He did not attempt to give his robe to the folds of Elijah's mantle; he cast no ray of the future on the dark scroll of events; he did not seek to condense the glimmer of things into flame; he was nothing of the prophet and nothing of the magician. His humble soul loved, and that was enough."
- from Les Miserables, describing Monseigneur Bienvenu
The art in this book is something to behold. It is absolutely one of the most beautifully written and profound works of art I have ever come across. Hugo was a Romantic and they get a bad rap from folks in my circles but this is just what I need right now. "What enlightened this man was the heart. His wisdom was formed from the light emanating from there." This is like water to a parched soul. - DOB
"He did not attempt to give his robe to the folds of Elijah's mantle; he cast no ray of the future on the dark scroll of events; he did not seek to condense the glimmer of things into flame; he was nothing of the prophet and nothing of the magician. His humble soul loved, and that was enough."- from Les Miserables, describing Monseigneur Bienvenu
The art in this book is something to behold. It is absolutely one of the most beautifully written and profound works of art I have ever come across. Hugo was a Romantic and they get a bad rap from folks in my circles but this is just what I need right now. "What enlightened this man was the heart. His wisdom was formed from the light emanating from there." This is like water to a parched soul. - DOB
Labels: David Browder, Literature

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home